Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Killer Like Me by Lara Henley ~ Book Bitz

Title: A Killer Like Me
Author: Lara Henley           
Genre: Thriller/Suspense
Hosted by: Lady Amber's Tours
Synopsis:
Most people think I am this sweet, innocent head cheer leader of my high school. I put on this facade everyday with the real me itching to get out. You see I belong to an exclusive team that has one specialty, and that specialty is killing. It’s our life’s mission. We were bread from day one to fulfill our destinies, and boy do I love it.” Trinity didn’t know what she was getting herself into when she took her current job to kill a snitch. She has always loved her job of killing until she was faced with her match. Little does Trinity know that someone has been sent in to stop her. Zander Matthews has always obeyed his orders like a good little employee. When he is sent in to protect the one Trinity is after, their lives are turned upside down. Will he be able to stop her or will Trinity fulfill her destiny?
Lara Henley was born in the Midwest. She holds a degree in Fashion Marketing and loves all things creative. She enjoys spending time with family and friends. Her first love is writing and hopes to make it her full-time career.
Buy Links: Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L3LBTZK (US)
I remember being only seven years old when Isaw my parents torture and kill a man. The scene gaveme nightmares for years to come. I tried to push thethoughts out of my mind, but my mother always mademe embrace it. Never did I know they were assassins,hired hit men. I remember the first time my mothermade me hold a knife to someone’s throat and slice it inhalf. Yeah, that was my good ole mom for you. “Trinity, come, darlin',” my mother says holdinga butcher knife in her hand. I didn’t want to go to herbecause the last time I did, she made me cut off a man’sfinger. It was all bloody and gross. She told me the bestwas yet to come. Little did I know at the time it wouldbe just a few short weeks.“Please don’t make me do this again, Mommy,” Isay.“Trinity, this is something you will grow to love, Ipromise you. Now come here.” I walk over to her andshe stands behind me. We stand behind the blondehaired woman tied to a chair in our basement. This iswhere they did most of their torturing for information. My dad had built the room himself, making it soundproof so the neighbors wouldn’t hear the screams myparents inflicted on their victims.“Take the knife, baby, and slit her throat. Slice itnice and evenly where we don’t have a lot of bloodsplatter. Remember how we practiced on the chicken.”She held the knife with me and the woman began tokick and scream. I felt a small high. Is this normal,should I be enjoying this?“See, steady.” We begin to slice and the bloodspatter was minimal as she said. The blonde woman’shead tilts forward. I walk around to see her cold lifelessbody slumped down in the chair and I smile.“That wasn’t so bad, Mommy,” I say, holding theknife with blood dripping from my hands.“I told you it wouldn’t be, darling. Now let’s goget ready for dinner. Your father will be home soon.” My mother smiled at me like this was completelynormal; normal to have your seven year old daughterslicing someone’s throat. My father came home thatnight and we continued on like we hadn’t created an actof sin in the basement. Again my heart raced at thethoughts of maybe killing again. That is when I knewmy life was going to be completely screwed. The following day was the day I met my best friend inthe whole wide world, Teagan. I was standing outsidewaiting for my dad to get home. It was the best part ofthe day because my father was my best friend, my onlyfriend. School was a freaking nightmare for me. All thekids made fun of me due to the fact I had a stutteringproblem. Kids came be so vile, and so when Teaganshowed up on my porch that day, I was delighted tofinally have a companion. She stuck up for me atschool, and on occasion, kicked bitches asses. She wasmy constant, the one I counted on to keep me safe, theone person, no matter what, would be there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment